Your Acceptance of These Terms
Personal Information We Collect
Contact information: including your name, address, phone number, mailing address and email address
Purchase and related transaction information: including shipping and billing address, payment type (debit or credit card number), items purchased, order status, shipment tracking, and other related contact information.
Product preference information: including your preferred product color, product style, material, and other merchandise interests.
Contact preference information: including your preferred method of receiving marketing communication.
Profile and account information: including contact information, purchase information, products, and communication preferences, account credentials, information about Wish List items, items in your online shopping cart or those saved for future purchase, registry information, product review information, gift card, address book entries, and other information about your profile account.
Information you share during communications and interactions with us: including content of email message, chat sessions, text message, and phone calls.
Demographic information: including age or birthdate, gender and zip code.
Voice recordings associated with calls made to our customer care team and information about your call and that you share when you call us on the phone.
Location or geolocation information: including device location information when you purchase.
Device and Internet browsing information: including information about your browsing activity, IP address, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser setting and information, and Internet service provider information. We may also collect information about when and how you access and use our Websites and Apps, such as the date and time your visit or use, the websites visited before and after visiting our Websites, how you navigate and what you search for on the Websites or Apps, the pages visited on the Websites, items you view, and the items you purchase.
Inferences about or derived from any of the information above that may relate to your preferences or other matters.
Web Browser Cookies and Other Technologies
We use cookie, web beacons and similar technologies to operate this Website and online services and to help collect data.
This Website may also contain electronic images known as web beacons (also called pixel tags or clear gifs) that we use to count users who have visited those web sites and gather usage and performance data. We also include web beacons in our promotional email messages or newsletters to determine whether you open and act on them.
This Website may include web beacons and cookies from our service providers, such as site analytics. Because your web browser connects to web servers operated by other companies to retrieve that content, those other companies are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities across web sites or online services.
How Islander Flooring Use the Collected Information
- To validate, confirm, verify, deliver, install and track your order, including to process payment card transactions, arrange for shipping and handle returns and refunds, maintain a record of the purchases you make, and contact you about your orders, including by telephone or to service products you purchased form us.
- To enhance your online shopping experience
- To send you information, newsletters and promotional materials and other offering from Islander Flooring.
- To provide you with customized Website, offers, promotions and advertising on the Website or via email.
- To improve our website, products and services, customer service, and customer shopping experiences.
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes.
- To protect the security or integrity of the Website and our business, such as by detecting, protecting against, and preventing fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and managing risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized user.
- To contact you when necessary or requested, including responding to your questions and comments and providing customer support.
- As otherwise described to you at the point data collection or for any other purpose with your consent.
How We Protect Your Information
We maintain appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on this Website. Sensitive and private data exchanges between this Website and its users happen over a an industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) secured communication channel, and such exchanges are encrypted and protected with digital signatures. We securely dispose of information when it is no longer needed to fulfill an order or service the account of a user. While we use industry standard means to protect this Website and your information, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and, therefore, we are unable to guarantee the security of your personal information. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuses. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please let us know (see “Contacting Us” below).
Sharing Your Information
We do not see, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others.
1. Vendors, Service Providers, and Consultants
We share information with our vendor, service providers, and consultants that help us run our business. We only share contact information and transaction information with companies that help us:
- provide customer service and resolve complaints;
- identify, investigate, prevent and resolve fraudulent transactions;
- identify, investigate, prevent and resolve any suspected security incident and any suspected unauthorized access, use, loss, or corruption of data;
- provide installation and warranty services;
- communicate with you, provide recall or emergency notices;
- analyze data or user activity;
- design and execute our marketing campaigns, administer our promotions, and provide advertising services;
- investigate and resolve claims; and
- allow you to order product online and have them delivered.
- Corporate Transactions
We may disclose information about you as part of a corporate transaction. This could be a merger, acquisition, joint venture, sale of company assets, reorganization, divestiture, bankruptcy, or similar type of business transaction.
2. Legally Required disclosures, Other Uses and Disclosures
We share information about you as necessary to comply with applicable laws or legal processes, such as requests from authorities, regulators, and courts. We share information to respond to complaints or legal claims or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of our company, customers, employees, or the public. We may also share generic aggregated or de-identified information that cannot be reasonable linked to you.
Third Party Websites
You may find advertising or other content on this Website that link to the websites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these websites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from this Website. In additions, these websites or services, including their content and links may be constantly changing. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including website which have a link to this Website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
California Privacy Rights
Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a California resident, beginning January 1, 2020 you have the right to make the following requests with respect to your information that may be considered “Personal Information” under California law, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”):
- You have the right to request that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected, used, disclosed or sold about you in the previous twelve (12) months.
- You can request that we delete your personal information that we collected from you to the extent required under the CCPA and subject to certain exceptions. We retain personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations and other permissible purposes. That means we may not be able to delete all of your personal information.
- Right to Opt Out. You have the right to request to opt-out from future “sales” of your personal information. The law defines “sale” very broadly to include simply making data available to third parties in some cases. We let advertising and analytics companies collect IP addresses, and cookie IDs through this Site when you use our Services. Any opt-out choices you make will only apply to the specific e-mail address that you provide when making the request. If you would like to opt out of the sale of your personal information, please click here: Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
To exercise any of the California-specific privacy rights described above, please contact us at:
Buyislander.com Technologies LLC
PO Box 691 Tualatin, OR 97062
Verifying Your Identity for Requests to Access or Delete Personal Information
We take the privacy of your personal information seriously and want to ensure that we provide only you or your authorized agent with your personal information. The CCPA also requires that we verify the identity of each person who makes a request to know what personal information we have about you or to delete the personal information we have about you.
What personal information do I provide to verify my identity?
To verify your identity, we ask you to provide your:
- First name*
- Last name*
- Middle initial
- Email address
- Phone number
How do you verify my identity?
We may verify your identity in a few different ways. We’ve partnered with a third-party identification service to help us verify your identity and prevent fraudulent requests. When you make your request, you will be asked to answer a few questions about yourself to help us validate your identity. If you have an online account, we may ask you to log into your account and complete a one-time passcode validation. In some instances, we may ask you to provide other documentation to verify your identity. If this happens, we will reach out to you directly with this request.
What if you cannot verify my identity?
If we cannot verify your identity, we will not be able to process your request to know what personal information we have about you or to delete the personal information we have about you. If we are unable to verify your identity with a high degree of certainty, we will only be able to provide a report with category-level information and we may not be able to delete some of your information.