Wellmade Manufacturing Warranty
Manufacturing Defects. We warrant that this product is free from manufacturing defects and will replace or repair any defective planks beyond standard 5 percent waste factor at no cost to you, subject to the provisions in this document.
Any obvious defects installed, are the responsibility of the person installing the floor, and would not be covered by warranty.
Definition of Limited Warranty:
8.7mm/28mil - Lifetime residential / 10 year light commercial
6.5mm/12mil - Lifetime residential / 5 year light commercial
6mm/20mil - 35 year residential / 5 year light commercial
5mm/12mil - 30 year residential / 5 year light commercial
4.5mm/8mil - 25 year residential / 5 year light commercial
4mm/12mil - 35 year residential / 5 year light commercial
4mm/8mil - 25 year residential / 5 year light commercial
Definition of Warranty:
Within One Year: Full credit for defective material / 100 percent of reasonable labor costs.
Within Three Years: Full credit for defective material / 50 percent of reasonable labor costs.
After Three Years: Full credit for defective material / No labor reimbursement.
This Warranty is non-transferable, and applies to the original purchaser when purchased from an authorized dealer. Proof of purchase required. In all cases, Wellmade® reserves the right to inspect the flooring and to remove a sample for analysis, if necessary.
Wellmade limited warranties are valid provided the HDPC flooring is installed and maintained in accordance with Wellmade HDPC installation and maintenance guidelines available online at www.islanderflooring.com. Wellmade reserves the right to deny applicable replacement labor charges if original flooring was not installed by a professional flooring installer.
Residential No Wear-Through Warranty. We warrant the finish will not wear through for the specified years after date of purchase. We will replace or repair worn planks beyond standard 5 percent waste factor at no cost to you when installed as an interior residential floor, subject to the provisions in this document.
Light Commercial No Wear-Through Warranty: Wellmade warrants that in the event the flooring supplied to the original purchaser wears-out from normal foot traffic in an approved commercial setting within 5 years of the date of purchase, the defective material will be replaced free of charge subject to warranty terms (“Wear-out” means the pattern and color of the floor is removed, caused by the removal of the protective wear layer, removed by normal foot traffic.)
To receive replacement planks, defective material must be confirmed and reported in writing to the retailer from which flooring was purchased within the applicable warranty period.
Scope of labor liability:
Under the following guidelines, we will reimburse reasonable labor charges to replace defective planks; if the original floors were installed by a professional flooring contractor (receipt/payment of installation is required).
Within One Year: 100 percent of reasonable labor.
Within Three Years: 50 percent of reasonable labor.
After Three Years: No labor reimbursement
This Warranty is non-transferable, and applies to the original purchaser when purchased from an authorized dealer. Proof of purchase required. In all cases, we reserve the right to inspect the flooring and to remove a sample for analysis if necessary. We also reserve the right to accept or deny any labor charges if flooring is not installed by a professional flooring installer.
Wellmade warrants the flooring in its original manufactured state to the original purchaser from the date of purchase, under normal and reasonable use, that the surface, when properly installed, shall be resistant to damage from typical damp mopping or normal household spills that are not left unattended. The Moisture Warranty does not cover flooding, leaking pipes, household mechanical failures, appliance leaks or pet urine.
Radiant Heat (Underfloor) Installation
HDPC Hardwood / Strand Bamboo may be installed over water-based radiant-heated subfloors, provided the surface temperature of the system does not exceed 81 degrees Fahrenheit (27 degrees Celsius), and the relative humidity levels are maintained between 25% and 65%. IMPORTANT: Due to the speed of sudden temperature changes, which has potential to negatively affect the flooring construction, it is not recommended to install HDPC Hardwood/Strand Bamboo with electrical radiant heating systems. This will not be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. Radiant heating systems using water are acceptable. Before installing over newly constructed radiant heat systems, operate the system at maximum capacity to force any residual moisture from the cementitious topping of the radiant heat system. Then set the thermostat to a comfortable room temperature for the installation. It is recommended that the radiant heat be applied in a gradual manner after installing the flooring. Refer to the radiant heat system’s manufacturer recommendations for additional guidance.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER DAMAGE OR DEFECTS, RESULTING FROM, OR IN ANY WAY ATTRIBUTABLE TO:
- The installation or suitability for installation. All warranties regarding installation or suitability for installation are the responsibility of the installer and/or your dealer.
- Minor shading variances, color or texture differences not represented in dealer showroom samples.
- Obvious defects or shading issues after installation. It is the responsibility of the installer to inspect the flooring prior to installation.
- Improper storage, handling, or acclimation of the flooring.
- Scratching, denting, fading, or loss of gloss over time. All flooring will scratch, dent, or lose gloss over time.
- Mold or moisture problems underfloor caused from: sub-floor moisture, plumbing leaks, liquid spills, flooding, and etc.
- Water damage from excessive moisture in a concrete slab; hydrostatic pressure; flooding; household mechanical failures; damage caused by water underneath the flooring; natural disasters.
- Damage from fire, burns, or intentional abuse.
- Extreme heat or cold.
- Settlement or movement of the structure (sub-floor or floor joists) to which the flooring is attached.
- Differences in the product due to multiple run numbers/production dates installed, it is the responsibility of the installer to inspect the boxes prior to installation.
- Variations in color, grain, and markings that exist in the flooring when new, or that develop over time due to sunlight or other UV exposure or aging.
- Staining from non-consumable food and drink items.
- Damage caused by vacuum cleaner beater bar.
- Damage caused by Robot Vacuum’s side brushes.
- Damage caused by the use of steam cleaners.
- Indentations or damage caused by improper rolling loads, castor wheels, chairs or other furniture without proper floor protectors.
- Improper workmanship or installation not in accordance with HDPC Hardwood / Strand Bamboo installation instructions.
- Improper maintenance.
- Freight damage
- Damages by acts of God.
- Planks coming apart at the seams because they have been engaged/disengaged more than two times.
NOTES: Like all flooring, this flooring can be scratched, lose gloss over time, or fade due to exposure to direct sunlight. Please keep in mind that pets, grit, and some children’s toys can scratch your floor. Use furniture pads under heavy furniture to spread the load over a larger area; use felt or other soft protectors under chair legs; small area rugs are helpful for removing grit from shoes (both inside and outside the home), and protecting areas in front of sinks, stoves, and other areas that are subject to higher traffic or pivotal loads. Never push or pull heavy furniture or appliances across the floor.
This writing is the complete and exclusive statement of the Warranty, and is in lieu of all other expressed, implied, and/or statutory warranties. We assume no liability for incidental or consequential damages. The sole remedy provided herein at our discretion, is the repair, or replacement for defective products. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply.